AVID Property Group
Mother’s Day competition
28 April 2021
Conditions of Entry (Conditions)
- Information about prizes and how to enter forms part of these Conditions. By entering, entrants accept these Conditions. Nothing in these Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Entry is open only to Australian residents aged 18 years or older. Directors, management and employees of the Promoter, associated companies or agencies as well as the immediate families of each of these people are not eligible to enter.
- The promotion begins at 5pm (AEST) on 29 April 2021 and closes at 3pm (AEST) on 6 May 2021 (Promotion Period).
- To enter, entrants must, during the Promotion Period, Like our ‘Mother’s Day hamper competition’ post and tell us in 25 words or less what you love most about your mum or a special mother figure in your life. Bonus entry if you share a photo of you both in the comments. Make sure you’re both following the Brentwood Forest Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/brentwoodforest.bellbirdpark
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Multiple entries are permitted but each entry must be based on a different comment.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over mobile telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
- The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred.
- Each entrant is responsible for the entry they submit and for paying for the costs associated with entering the promotion and accessing the Facebook platform.
- The Promoter’s judging panel will review all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. On the day after the end of the Promotional Period, the judging panel will judge all entries based on creativity and originality. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Promoter’s and judges’ decisions in relation to all aspects of the promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries that are found to have been derived from third party work will be considered invalid and, if awarded a prize, that prize must be returned to the Promoter. Without limiting the generality of other conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this condition. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to (a) not consider any entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions and (b) disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions of entry or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages and other compensation are reserved.
- Each entrant warrants and agrees that:
(a) the entrant has created the entry by himself or herself;
(b) the entrant is entitled to reproduce and exploit all of the underlying works in the entry;
(c) the entrant will not submit material in their entry that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless the entrant is the owner of such rights;
(d) the entrant has not been previously published in any other medium or forum worldwide;
(e) they will not submit material that is unlawful; obscene; defamatory; derogatory; threatening; pornographic; sexually inappropriate; violent; abusive; harassing; hateful; racially, religiously or ethnically offensive; or encourages, evidences or indicates conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability or violates any law;
(f) the entry will not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and
(g) the entrant has not granted rights to their entry to any other person which are inconsistent with the rights granted to the Promoter.
- Each entrant consents to the Promoter (and each of its assignees and licensees) doing or omitting to do anything which may infringe any and all moral rights of the entrant including to edit, alter and reproduce the entry, and that such consents have been obtained to the full extent permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- As a condition of accepting the prize, each winner agrees to:
(a) if required by the Promoter, sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of their entry; and
(b) irrevocably and unconditionally assign to the Promoter all of the entrant’s right, title and interest (including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights such as present and future copyright) in and to the winning entry and to sign a document (in a form to be determined by the Promoter) to acknowledge this assignment to the Promoter.
- Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that if their entry wins, the Promoter (and each of its assignees and licensees) have the right, in their absolute discretion, to edit, amend, copy, use, publish, broadcast and communicate to the public, the entry in any media including the internet, without any further consultation, reference, payment or any other compensation to the entrant.
- Each entrant must create their own entry and only submit an entry in their own name. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- The winner will win 1 x Mother’s Day hamper valued at $145 (including GST).
- The total prize pool is valued at $145 (including GST). All prize values are the recommended retail value (including GST) in Australia as provided by the supplier and are correct at the time of printing.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Once any prize has left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter and its agencies and companies associated with the promotion will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the prize.
- Each winner will be notified via Facebook on the day after the end of the Promotion Period.
- The Promoter may require a winner to verify their entry and may require a winner or their nominee to provide proof of identity, age, purchase or residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure to provide any of this verification to the Promoter upon request may, at the Promoter’s discretion, invalidate any or all of the entrant’s entries.
- The winner or a nominee notified by the winner to the Promoter in writing must message the Brentwood Forest Facebook page by 3pm (AEST) on Friday 7 May 2021. Winners to collect prize from 9am Friday 7 May to 5pm Saturday 8 May 2021. In the event of a prize not being accepted or claimed within this time, the winner will be taken to have forfeited their prize and no redraws will be conducted.
- If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions, the entry will be discarded.
- The Promoter may verify the validity of entries and, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this promotion by, any person who manipulates or tampers with or benefits from any manipulation of or tampering with the entry process or the operation of the promotion (including, but not limited to, soliciting votes; disguising an IP address; using multiple email addresses, aliases or other electronic account to submit multiple entries for the same person); violates these Conditions; acts in a disruptive or dishonest manner; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or jeopardises the fair operation of the promotion.
- Prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. If, for any reason, a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. Where a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter.
- If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, manipulation, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this promotion results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability in relation to this promotion and each entrant acknowledges that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- AVID Residential Group Pty Limited (ACN 098 527 390) related entity that is the Seller at Brentwood Forest, Bellbird Park, Queensland of Suite 5.01, Level 5, 7 Macquarie Place, Sydney, NSW 2000.